top of page

Consultants: When you need one and how to go about it

A project on your home may start very simply, with a meeting between you and the architect. As it progresses, however, it can appear to be much more complicated, as most projects require input from one or more consultants. This can be anything from a Structural Engineer to an Acoustic Specialist, an Asbestos Surveyor to a Fire Consultant (that last one is becoming more and more in demand in a post-Grenfell world). Also, we can not forget a Tree surveyor when you have a tree at falling distance to your house or close of a basement excavation.

This can feel very overwhelming and leave you longing for the days when the project was just a conversation between you and the architect. It can be difficult to know where to look for these specialists, as well as keep track of them and the information they need. Before you know it, you have ten different people that you need to consult with!

This is where we can step in and help. As architects, we often assume the role of project manager. We can advise you on the best consultants for your project, and can brief and liaise with them for you. We have a fantastic working relationship with a range of consultants that we use time and again, so you can rest easy knowing that your project is in very capable, reliable hands. Renovating your home should be exciting not stressful, and we are here to help and guide you every step of the way!


bottom of page